Saturday, December 4, 2010

SCMS - A slow runner Journey to marathon.

I am ready for Standard Chartered Marathon Singapore tomorrow.

Thinking back, I am always a  'snail' runner. (i.e. struggled to pass fitness test and clocked 7 hrs for past 2 FMs) and have never done well for any runs.


At the beginning of 2010, I set myself a target that I must participate and  complete the 2010 marathon within 6 hrs. Since then I had been training real hard, I even lost abt 10kg from the training and got gold for my fitness test. But still,  I think that completed it within 6 hr remains to be a big challenge to me..........

Anyway,  I have only clocked about 760km worth of training since Jan 10 (Unfortunately, the mileages from Apr - Jul are missing as I did not logged it down).....

Some long distances that I had clocked are,
- 01 x 36 km
- 03 x 30 km
- 01 x 26 km
- 07 x 20/21km
- 05 x 15/16km
- 12 x10 km

Pls wish me luck as I need lots of it to attempt to clock my personnel best for the Marathon tomorrow.

No comments: